_more than 8 million tons of plastic ends up in the ocean each year, you won't find a trace in our natural beauty essentials. each bar is the equivalent of up to three plastic bottles.
but our pledge to give back to people and the planet goes a lot further.
we want to galvanise our community to object to the status quo and bring about change. we do that by discussing social and environmental issues on our social media channels and in our monthly newsletter.
here are some of the other steps we've taken on our sustainability journey:
- there's a global water shortage. around 80% of regular shampoo is wasted water, our products contain 0.5% water.
- our packaging is up-cycled and made from up to 50% recycled cotton from the clothing industry. we only use FSC certified paper and carton. a lot of thought goes into each and every element of our packaging to ensure it has as little impact on the environment as possible.
- we've amended our constitution so we have to consider the social and environmental impact of every decision we make - it's part of our DNA.
- we plant a tree for every new subscriber to our newsletter and for every review we receive - our goal is to plant an entire forest. we plant with 8billiontrees.
- we're working towards reducing our carbon footprint - this means examining every link in our supply chain to work out how much carbon we're emitting and then reducing this as far as possible. this isn't a simple task but we don't think it's good enough to take the easy option of offsetting our emissions instead of solving the underlying issue.
- we give a percentage of our sales to charities that work in our local community.
- we actively promote diversity, equality and inclusivity in everything we do. we do this through the models we use, the staff we hire and by using our voice on social media.
- we visit all our major suppliers to check that their working conditions are up to our high standards.
- we have a strict code of ethics which all our suppliers must comply with.
- we're strictly anti slavery and human trafficking, you can find out more about that here.
_butterfly mark certification
- we're proud to have been awarded the Butterfly Mark Certification by Positive Luxury, demonstrating that our business meets the highest verified sustainability standards through measuring our impact on people and the planet.
- the Butterfly Mark that's displayed alongside each of the products on our website tells our customers and peers that we are a brand to trust and are committed to an on-going sustainability journey, guided by the expertise of Positive Luxury.
if you have any feedback or suggestions we'd love to hear from you, we're always on the look out for ways to improve.
if you want to support us on our mission then join the community by signing up below and visit our zero plastic store.