our sustainability pledge
at object, sustainability means having a positive impact on people and the planet.
more than 8 million tons of plastic ends up in the ocean each year, we want to change that. our zero plastic bars are the equivalent of up to three plastic bottles each.
but our pledge to give back to people and the planet goes a lot further.
we want to galvanise our community to object to the status quo and bring about change. we do that by discussing social and environmental issues on our social media channels and in our monthly newsletter.
here are some of the other steps we've taken on our sustainability journey:
- there's a global water shortage. around 80% of regular shampoo is wasted water, our products contain 0.5% water.
- our packaging is up-cycled and made from up to 50% recycled cotton from the clothing industry. we only use FSC certified paper and carton. a lot of thought goes into each and every element of our packaging to ensure it has as little impact on the environment as possible.
- we've amended our constitution so we have to consider the social and environmental impact of every decision we make - it's part of our DNA.
- we plant a tree for every new subscriber to our newsletter and for every review we receive - our goal is to plant an entire forest. we plant with 8billiontrees.
- we're aiming to be carbon positive by the end of 2022 - this means examining every link in our supply chain to work out how much carbon we're emitting, reducing this as far as possible and then offsetting more than we produce.
- we give 2.5% of our sales to the Madrid Foodbank which is a local charity that works in the community where we live in Madrid.
- we actively promote diversity, equality and inclusivity in everything we do. we do this through the models we use, the staff we hire and by using our voice on social media.
- we visit all our major suppliers to check that their working conditions are up to our high standards.
- we have a strict code of ethics which all our suppliers must comply with.
- we're strictly anti slavery and human trafficking, you can find out more about that here.
if you have any feedback or suggestions we'd love to hear from you, we're always on the look out for ways to improve.
if you want to support us on our mission then join the community by signing up below and visit our zero plastic store.