our simple guide to using solid shampoo bars and solid conditioner bars
so you've decided to give shampoo bars and conditioner bars a try and you're onboard with all the environmental benefits, but how do you use them?
in this guide, we explain how to use solid shampoo bars and solid conditioner bars for the best results.
we often hear that people don't want to switch to solid bars because they don't work as well as regular liquid products.
this is totally false!
whilst it's true that some solid bars produced by other brands are not effective, we've worked closely with a team of formulation experts to create a range of award winning bars guaranteed to give you incredible hair.
as well as choosing the right bars, the other important point is to use them correctly. on this page we'll give you all the information you need to get the best out of your shampoo bars and conditioner bars.
how to use shampoo bars
- first, thoroughly wet your hair and grab your favourite object shampoo bar.
- rub the bar between wet hands to create a lather.
- apply the bar directly onto your hair and scalp to create oodles of foam (the wetter the hair, the more foam you'll create).
- put your bar down and massage the foam into your scalp (it should be foamy but might not froth quite as much as liquid shampoo or a bar that contains sulphates). concentrate on working the lather into the roots of your hair.
- rinse your hair thoroughly before reaching for your object conditioner bar (if required).
how to use conditioner bars
- ensure you've got clean, wet hair, then smooth your conditioning bar down your hair, from root to tip.
- our conditioner bars have a similar texture to balms so whilst they will coat your hair, they will not create a lather.
- work through your hair and leave in for a couple of minutes for the best results. the drier your hair, the longer you should leave it in for.
- finally, thoroughly rinse for healthy locks that feel softer and shinier.
our top tips for thick or long hair
you might be wondering if shampoo bars will work on thick or long hair? the answer is yes, but these simple steps might make it easier.
- make sure your hair is really wet. the bar needs water to activate the ingredients and when you have more hair, you simply need more shampoo.
- section your hair and rub the bar into each bit of the hair close to your scalp, particularly the parts that tend to be oiliest (like the back of the head).
- massage through, working into the roots to create a lather.
- you may need to wash twice if your hair tends to be oily.
- when rinsing, you may also need to section your hair to get the water through it all.
- for conditioning, sectioning will make it easier to apply and leaving the conditioner on for a while will add moisture.
use object's solid shampoo and conditioner bars for healthier hair
now that you know how simple it is to use solid shampoo bars and solid conditioner bars, it’s time to get your own.
object's bars are full of powerful, natural plant-based ingredients. they’re gentle on your hair and they promote its health.
plus did we mention that we won Best Shampoo Bar at the Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards!?
shop our full range of solid shampoo bars and conditioner bars.